Margarine was originally manufactured to fatten turkeys. When it killed the turkeys, the people who had put all the money into the research wanted a payback so they put their heads together to figure out what to do with this product to get their money back.
It was a white substance with no food appeal so they added the yellow coloring and sold it to people to use in place of butter. How do you like it? They have come out with some clever new flavorings….
DO YOU KNOW.. The difference between margarine and butter? Read on to the end…gets very interesting!
- Both have the same amount of calories.
- Butter is slightly higher in saturated fats at 8 grams; compared to5 grams for margarine.
- Eating margarine can increase heart disease in women by 53% over eating the same amount of butter, according to a recent Harvard Medical Study.
- Eating butter increases the absorption of many other nutrients in other foods.
- Butter has many nutritional benefits where margarine has a few and only because they are added!
- Butter tastes much better than margarine and it can enhance the flavors of other foods.
- Butter has been around for centuries where margarine has been around for less than 100 years.
- Margarine is very high is trans fatty acids, TRIPLES the risk of coronary heart disease, increases total cholesterol and the “bad cholesterol” LDL and lowers the “good cholesterol” HDL.
- Margarine increases the risk of cancer five times the average rate of risk.
- Margarine decreases the quality of breast milk (for women who breast feed their babies) and decreases your immune response to diseases and viruses. It also decreases production of insulin and the response to control your blood sugar.
- The most disturbing fact (which is very interesting)……margarine is one molecule away from being plastic, as it SHARES 27 ingredients with PAINT.
These facts alone were enough to toss the tubs of margarine I have in my home and avoid it at all costs. You want to know why the molecular structure changes? Hydrogen is added to change the substance’s structure. Plus, who the hell wants to eat plastic anyway?
Open a tub of margarine and leave it open in your garage or shaded area. Within a couple of days you will notice a couple of things:
- no flies, not even those pesky fruit flies will go near it (that should tell you something)
- it does not rot or smell differently because it has no value ; nothing will grow on it. Even those teeny weeny micro-organisms will not a find a home to grow. Why? Because it is nearly plastic. Would you melt your Tupperware and spread that on your toast?
Share This With Your Friends…..(If you want to butter them up’)!
Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.
And if there is Margarine in your refrigerator, throw it in the trash right now.
- Butter is Better……learn about the history of how Margarine was killing turkeys so they fed it to you (keithmilby.wordpress.com)
- Butter is Better! (cocreativehealthsolutions.wordpress.com)
- Consumers Seek Soft Margarine and Buttery Spreads Because They Are Heart Healthy – The Soy Connection – Food Manufacturing – United Soybean Board (soyconnection.com)
- Trans Fat Fact Sheet – United Soybean Board (soyconnection.com)